March 2, 2010, was a day that changed my family’s life forever. I went into labor with our 3rd child and was
scheduled for a c-section. C-sections at this point were familiar territory, as my two older children were
delivered via c-section. It was the moments after delivery that will stay with me for the rest of my life, and
hence brought me to EFT.  

Molly was born at 6:24 pm on March 2, 2010. When the doctor held her up to show me, his words were, “Oh
Maria, she is beautiful.” It was moments later that she cried and I cried along with her, tears of joy that she
was healthy. All reports from the warmer were that she was doing great.  

They wrapped her up and brought her to my husband for our first family picture. The nurse snapped the
picture and then snagged Molly from Paul’s arms and swept her away. We both knew this wasn’t routine, so
I demanded that Paul follow our baby.  

Of course, after a c-section you must lay there for quite some time while they put you back together, but all
reports were that our baby was doing just fine. I was later wheeled to Recovery and waited to meet Molly. It
seemed to be forever before a nurse would come to check on me, and each time she did I would ask to see

Finally, about 2 hours later, my doctor walked into my room and sat at my bed. Now this wasn’t routine
either. He told me I had three options, and I remember thinking, "Breast, bottle or... what?" At that moment,
the confusion set in for me. Meanwhile the doctor was explaining that Molly was having trouble breathing,
and needed to be air-lifted to a hospital more equipped to give her the aid she needed.  He said she was
healthy (8 lb 12oz), but her lungs were not. My husband and I sat there in disbelief, but told them to go
ahead and send the helicopter from St. Louis.  

The first time I touched my daughter or saw her again was when the flight nurse and respiratory therapist
wheeled her into my room in her isolette, on a stretcher. At that point she was already on the ventilator to
help her breathe, and heavily sedated for the ride. I said my good-byes, as she would now travel over 100
miles away, without her mother or father, in a helicopter. This wasn’t how it was supposed to be. I should be
holding her now and coaxing her to nurse, and we should all get to leave the hospital together when that
time came, not all going our separate ways.

I stayed one night and left to be with Molly the moment those nurses would release me. During the course
of my stay at the hospital, her health in the NICU declined, so the 2 hour drive to St. Louis was a whole bag
of emotions in one. I was in pain, I was tired, I was helpless, and most of all, I was nervous to see my
daughter. I was afraid that I wouldn’t be able to make her feel better.  

Upon my arrival at the hospital, I met up with Molly. To this day I can remember the nurse’s voice when I
reached down to touch my baby girl. She snapped, “You can’t touch her!  She can’t have any stimulus right
now, she isn’t well.” My heart sank and I nearly fainted. This wasn’t how it was supposed to be either. I
should get to let her know that Momma made it, I’m here……’s going to be ok!  

In the middle of that night, Molly crashed and was revived several times.  I was in a parent sleeping room
and received the dreaded, “in the middle of the night phone call” asking that I come to Molly’s room
immediately, she needed her mom.  I felt like I was going in slow motion, and couldn’t move fast enough to
get down to Molly’s room.
by Maria M.
Maria and Molly's Story
(T)he doctor was explaining that
Molly was having trouble
breathing, and needed to be
air-lifted to a hospital more
equipped to give her the aid she
needed.  He said she was healthy
(8 lb 12oz), but her lungs were not.
Maria M.
EILEEN SULLIVAN, CERTIFIED EFT PRACTITIONER (EFTCERT-I)                                                                  EMAIL: AREYOUTAPPING (AT) YAHOO (DOT) COM                                                                                            (704) 905-4665
While EFT has produced remarkable clinical results, it has only been in use in its current form since 1992. Therefore, it must still be considered to be in the experimental stage. You are an expert on your own health, so please take full responsibility for
your use of EFT. Eileen Sullivan is not a licensed health professional. She offers EFT as a certified EFT practitioner, ordained interfaith minister, and certified holistic doula. Where appropriate, please consult your healthcare practitioners regarding your
use of EFT. It is VITAL to note that you should not stop taking any prescribed medications, nor alter your dosage, without the advice of the prescribing physician.
E M O T I O N A L  F R E E D O M  T E C H N I Q U E S  ( E F T )  F O R  F E R T I L I T Y ,  P R E G N A N C Y ,  B I R T H  &  B E Y O N D
This EFT oriented website is provided as a public courtesy to help expand the use of EFT in the world.  While Gary Craig, the founder of EFT, encourages such efforts, he cannot evaluate or endorse the multitudes of EFT websites that exist.  
This website represents the good faith ideas of its author, but not necessarily those of Gary Craig. You can learn more about EFT, including EFT training and certification programs, by visiting the website.